Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dear Ma

Dear Ma,

Today, I served as a member of the chorus in the PICC Feast afternoon session. I'm sure you do not know what that is but it's like the happiest place on Earth (according to Bro. Bo Sanchez). A little boy sang the song "Iingatan ka" and I thought of you. I was not able to give you a gift today so please consider this as my gift for you. Please watch.



It's the first time I did this. I always thought I had a nice voice and people tell me that too. But I only sang in the bathroom or in the house when the windows and the doors are closed, or in a chorus where my voice is blended among others so my mistakes are not apparent - because I'm afraid of ridicule. So consider this as me, stepping out of my comfort zone.

I love you Ma, and I'm not at all ashamed of that. I'm proud of you as my mother and I'm thankful for all the sacrifices you did for me and for my siblings. I am proud of your strength and fortitude amid trials. I am proud that you gave birth to me, enduring all the pain just so you can give me life.

Happy Mother's Day to you and to all mothers reading this post.

Your daughter,

Divine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...