Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Pope Benedict XVI

Photo credit: Children dressed in traditional Bavarian costumes dance for Pope Benedict XVI during the Pontiff's 85th birthday celebrations in the Clementine Hall at the Vatican April 16, 2012. REUTERS/Gregorio Borgia/Pool


Do you have someone in your life you consider your hero? I have plenty of them. But today, I will write about the person to whom I dedicate this blog – Pope Benedict XVI. I came up with this blog because of his call (see the About page). It is but proper to write a post about him.

I couldn’t keep myself but to reminisce the experience I had during the World Youth Day. Truly, the experience is without measure. It is priceless.

One of the perks of joining the World Youth Day is seeing the Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI. Since then, I became his raving fan.

To me, Pope Benedict XVI is very humble. If you went to the World Youth Day, you can tell that.

Before the World Youth day, he wrote to us – the youth. He already kept us in mind (I bet he still is). He wanted to reach out and show that he cares, even if we are still young and inexperienced.

During the World Youth Day, he did not mind the extraordinary summer heat of Madrid. We could have easily understood if he did not pursue with the Papal Mobil Parade if he wanted to because he is already old and his body might not be able to take it. But he pursued even if he turned pinkish and it was obvious that he got very tired. (The youth who complained will be embarrassed).

He did not complain when it rained in the Cuatro Vientos Aerodrome. He stood strong even if the wind almost knocked him off. He even sincerely thanked the youth for praying with him.

He knelt in front of the Blessed Sacrament like a Child of God.

To me, he is an epitome of strength, of great faith, of a true leader. I see Christ in him.

If ever I get the chance to go to the world youth day again, I will still shout with all my heart. Esta es, la juventud del Papa. We are the youth of the Pope. I am a youth of the pope.

Belated Happy 85th Birthday Papa Ratzi!  We, the Catholic Youth love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...